Re: [CQ-Contest] Improving voice recordings for phone contests

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Improving voice recordings for phone contests
From: Rudy Bakalov <r_bakalov@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 05:25:19 -0800 (PST)
Have you guys tried using AT&T Labs' text to speech site? See
http://www2.research.att.com/~ttsweb/tts/demo.php ; You won't be using your own
voice, but at the very least the voice will be consistent. I am not a SSB fan,
but do want to get into SSB contests and have been toying with the idea of
recording it all with a text-to-speech tools. For call signs, my thought is to
make them sound more natural by identifying the top unique prefixes and
recording dedicated files for them (e.g., W1, DL5, S50, etc.).

Rudy N2WQ