Re: [CQ-Contest] Two points for intra-NA QSOs in CQWW?

To: <w2lc@twcny.rr.com>, <CQ-Contest@CONTESTING.COM>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Two points for intra-NA QSOs in CQWW?
From: "Randy Thompson K5ZD" <k5zd@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 18:59:09 -0000
Transparency.  Sharing.

Computer log checking is more extensive and thorough than ever. We are cross
checking >80% of the reported contacts against another log.

We share the log checking reports with the participants.  This always generates
some questions about why a particular QSO was considered busted or not in log.
Having the logs available online allows those who are interested to do their
own research.

Another benefit of online logs is being able to see how the competition did.
Or look at old logs to prepare for an upcoming operation.

The CQ WW and WPX Contests do not publish Checklogs.  We want everyone to
submit a log to help us with the log checking, but if you are concerned about
having the log published, you can submit a Checklog and no one will see it but
the log checking computer.

Randy, K5ZD