[CQ-Contest] CQWW Survey - One Soab category !

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] CQWW Survey - One Soab category !
From: IK1HJS - GMAIL <ik1hjs@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 21:05:00 +0100
Answering to Jim (K4PQL):
With my maximum respect :sorry but no. It is absolutely not very clear that there is no consensus.
What you are reading on this reflector is just the top of an iceberg.
How do you know what contesters think ? You just see what some of answering contesters are publishing on this reflector: nothing to do with what contesters think. For example I think that on this reflector most "one soab category" contesters are not writing. By my side, the only nearestanswer to true is the Wpx survey that Randy made a few years ago and before (http://www.cqwpx.com/blog/?p=92) . The trend was from 35 (first survey) to 47,35% (second survey) of answering contesters that wants one category for soab (that was for wpx not cqww).
And that is only a portion  of participant in contests.
I don't know what will be the criterium of decision that Committee will have to decide (it's up to them of course), but I think that contesters opinion is just one of a lot of issues that have to be kept in account. I will say my opinion but I will not pretend to know results before publishing of the survey.

Just one category for soab ! That's the way.

73 de Carlo IK1HJS