Re: [CQ-Contest] How many hours do SOAB entrants actually operate?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] How many hours do SOAB entrants actually operate?
From: Richard F DiDonna NN3W <richnn3w@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 17:05:02 -0400
On 3/27/2013 11:32 PM, David Gilbert wrote:

Seriously now ... how many HF ham radio operators, much less contesters, do you think are in their teens any more? Any pictures taken at Dayton in the last decade are downright scary.

73,
Dave   AB7E

You should see pictures of the non-contester events.

I think basing age demographics of hams on photos from the drunken hospitality suites at Dayton is a bit skewed. Now I'll freely admit that I hit the Visalia hospitality suites in high school pretty hard, but even in 1990, I was very much the exception as opposed to the rule.

73 Rich NN3W