Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote contest operation

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote contest operation
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 17:23:11 -0400
That QST review is the least considered piece of writing I've ever seen from Steve, WB8IMY. He dismisses concerns about legality by saying it's just like "using a very long microphone cord." But who, I ask, is the control operator responsible for seeing that the station operates properly? Is the paying guest op responsible, or the "landlord", even though neither is on-site? If this is done internationally, who is responsible for getting a proper license for the remote ops? Remember the big flap in HK a few years ago?

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
http://reversebeacon.net,
blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.