Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote contest operation

To: "M. WIJK" <pa5mw@home.nl>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote contest operation
From: Jukka Klemola <jpklemola@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 14:26:27 +0300
Mark,
There is a ham.
He sets up a station at his rural area QTH.
Everything is within a 500m diameter circle.

He equips it with a remote capability.

He goes to a city where he simply has to be Friday and also Monday.
He participates a contest using the equipment he set up at that rural area
QTH.

Are you trying to tell he cannot use his station during a contest or what
is the matter we discuss about?

I can understand your point, but I do not share your point.
You and I do not have a same view into this if your view is to tell a guy
who has built something great to make some shortwave QSOs he has to QRT.

To me any activity that is within contest rules is most welcome.

What comes into my writing about some mechanical and DC-only ham-radio
activity:
I thought one part of the discussion was nothing else than RF can be
ham-radio activity.
But there is so much more to ham-radio.
This emailing is about ham-radio.
I hope this discussion brings ham-radio and contesting forward.

73,
Jukka OH6LI