[CQ-Contest] wpx and geographical advantage

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] wpx and geographical advantage
From: "rob" <wa1fcn@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 20:36:15 -0500
It seems some would like to dismiss Rick NQ4I feelings
on wpx and geographical advantage.  I for one understand
his ideas and agree with him.   Let me say I operated 35 plus
years from Connecticut and now 9 years in Alabama.
I will use 40 meters as an example  .....What I could do with
a wire antenna at 50 feet I now need  2 el at 70 feet.  Yes my scores
are higher now but I have to put in an extra effort to achieve this.
No disrespect to a great station K1LZ, but it took over 2300
Q's for NQ4I to beat K1LZ. I think that speaks for itself.

Strategy is certainly an important element in any contest but it's
  location location location that will have a more positive effect on
total score.
73 BoB WA1FCN