Re: [CQ-Contest] wpx and geographical advantage

To: Radio K0HB <kzerohb@gmail.com>, rob <wa1fcn@charter.net>, "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] wpx and geographical advantage
From: Dale Putnam <daleputnam@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2013 06:00:58 -0600
My gosh, we haven't even got to WPX, and the whining starts... Look fellows...
it is.. what it is.... IF you don't like the rules... two choices.. play or
not... or build your own contest, so you can win every time.Those are the
choices. The chances of winning are greatly improved by spending money.. of
course. And.. along with spending money, one must remember the old sayin..
location, location, location. So.. spend the money first on a location...
second spend more money on STUFF. And.. after you get all done spending more
money,you may still be beat out in pileups, and in some contests..... because
you can not legislate propagation/nature. So... as time rolls on, andthe money
may or may not be totally expendable now, time isn't.. and I would prefer to
enjoy contesting.. for what it really is. And that ain't a level field, to play
on... either. But.. it is ... what it is.... and I choose to play. and use my
delete key. Good luck, see you in the next test too!!!  I'll be the
  little signal under the big hat!!

Have a great day,

Dale - WC7S in Wy