Re: [CQ-Contest] Is the wpx a prefix test or dx contest?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Is the wpx a prefix test or dx contest?
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Wed, 8 May 2013 07:26:17 -0400 (EDT)
Never said it was easy from out there, just that it was easier to work
three and six pointers from NE than SE.

You guys out west get your turns in SS and other domestic contests.

73 Bill

In a message dated 5/8/2013 10:54:44 A.M. Coordinated Universal Time,
w0mu@w0mu.com writes:

Try it  from Colorado or anywhere further west.

Mike W0MU

On 5/7/2013  2:25 PM, Cqtestk4xs@aol.com wrote:
> I'm not for changing the rules  but.........
>
> If one thinks the difference in  propagation relatively minor you haven't
> operated from both  places.  I had a friend come down from W2 land years
ago
> and  worked in the WAE CW.  He was listening on 80 and wanted to know
when
> the EU stations got loud.  I told him that was as loud as  they usually
get.

> In the winter K1s can run  EU almost 24 hours a day on 40 for CQWW.   Try
> that from  here.
>
> I'm not saying we don't have advantages,  but we do NOT have pretty much
the
>   same prop as K1  does.
>
> My previous post summed up SE strategy,  work quantity and not  quality.
It