Re: [CQ-Contest] Is the wpx a prefix test or dx contest?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Is the wpx a prefix test or dx contest?
From: john@kk9a.com
Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 11:16:58 -0400
I view the WPX contest as a DX contest with the added benefit of being
able to work local stations. There are few slow periods, especially for
single ops who can only operate for 36 hours. There are no contests where
the scoring is fair for all geographical areas. Your scoring proposal
would not make it any more fair, it would just give stations further south
an advantage.  If the rules were different, than I am sure that K1LZ would
have adjusted their operating strategy to maximize points so your scoring
comparison is not accurate. I am also in the 4th call area and I am very
happy with the current rules and my score in the WPX SSB contest.  There
are a number stations in the 4th call area who won their category.
http://pileup.ru/country.php?year=2013&contest_short=cqwpx_ssb&pfx=K

John KK9A

[CQ-Contest] Is the wpx a prefix test or dx contest?
from [Rick Dougherty]   [Permanent Link][Original]