Re: [CQ-Contest] Is the wpx a prefix test or dx contest?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Is the wpx a prefix test or dx contest?
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Tue, 07 May 2013 09:37:16 -0700

It seems to me that your rather self-serving proposal totally discards whatever strategy there may be in the WPX contest and turns it into even more of a simple run fest. That K1LZ apparently played the low band card better than you did seems to me to be a plus for the contest, not a negative. I don't see how making every contact worth a flat 3 points makes the contest more interesting or enjoyable in the least.

As for geographical advantages, I always thought that was what state/regional/country award categories were for. In any case I suspect that many of us not living on the east coast find the distinction between Georgia and Massachusetts to be relatively minor, and there isn't a contest anywhere on the calendar (including your proposal) that would "eliminate the geographical advantages and make the contest playing field level for all."

Dave   AB7E