Re: [CQ-Contest] wpx and geographical advantage

To: Radio K0HB <kzerohb@gmail.com>, rob <wa1fcn@charter.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] wpx and geographical advantage
From: Kelly Taylor <ve4xt@mymts.net>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2013 08:10:08 -0500
Apologies to NQ4I for saying this, however...

If we're going to 'fix' WPX to salve Rick's hurt feelings over geography,
then why shouldn't we fix all contests so that, say, VE4, VE5, W0, parts of
W9 and W7 and other parts of the world aren't even more disadvantaged than
he is?

Hams in lots of places in the world would literally kill to have the
propagation of NQ4I, let alone K1LZ, yet when one of us mentions geographic
disadvantage, the dismissive response from hams in those parts of the world
is typically "If you don't like propagation where you live, move!"

So, maybe the answer is for Rick to start scouting for land in New
Hampshire.

Or is there a different set of rules for some people? Words about sore
winners also come to mind.

73, kelly
ve4xt