Re: [CQ-Contest] : Reverse beacon of my own call?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] : Reverse beacon of my own call?
From: Steve London <n2icarrl@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 07:12:46 -0600
So, let's take this very likely scenario, at least for those of us in the western USA ...

It's CQWW. You're on a band that seems to be open to Europe. You launch a few CQ's. The RBN reports that you are being heard in the USA, but not in Europe. Being the smart contester that you are, you conclude that this must be a bad frequency in Europe - perhaps a UA9 that you can't hear is also on the frequency. You QSY to a better spot.

Haven't you received assistance from the RBN ?

73,
Steve, N2IC