Re: [CQ-Contest] Re-thinking Asia and contests

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Re-thinking Asia and contests
From: Paul O'Kane <pokane@ei5di.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 16:41:55 +0100
On 26/09/2013 15:02, rin JG1VGX wrote:
I would categorise main issues being reiterated over and over and over on
this reflector into three types:
One is about CHEATING, eg. overpower etc. The answer = who care?
Rin is right - there's no point in worrying about
cheating.

Another is about RULES, especially about LEVEL-PLAYING. The answer = go
WRTC!
Rin is right again - there's no point in worrying
about rules or level-playingig fields.
The other is about TECHNOLOGIES, eg. skimmers, assisted or not, if they
spoil our hobby. The answer = dunno, please enjoy, etc.

Rin is right again - there's no point in worrying
about technology.  Isn't it just a contest?

I don't worry about anything I can't influence, but
maybe it's still possible to influence contesting
for the better.  That's why I still worry  :-)

73,
Paul EI5DI