Re: [CQ-Contest] Re-thinking Asia and contests

To: cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Re-thinking Asia and contests
From: "XV4Y (Yan)" <xv4y@nature-mekong.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 06:05:39 +0700
John,

The best location is Cyprus.
And they were indeed many big operations from there.
I think the reason for not having big operations from TA is more related to
legal reasons.
Perhaps they are not true anymore but this remains in the head of many OMs.

However, PJ4 is even better, having mostly North/South propagation to NA and
EU, and still good paths to AF and SA, while from 5B you're on a East/West path
for NA.
Same goes for Morocco. Reading what G3SXW wrote about his contesting in Africa
also gives a lot of hints about why PJ4 is the best location.

73,
Yan.
---
Yannick DEVOS - XV4Y