Re: [CQ-Contest] W/VE contacts from W/VE in ARRL DX

To: Marvin Bloomquist <n5aw@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] W/VE contacts from W/VE in ARRL DX
From: Maarten van Rossum <pd2r.maarten@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 21:10:28 +0100
I had several non W/VE stations calling us (PI4DX). Politely told them that
I could not work them for this contest but that I would put them in a log
if they wanted/needed the QSO. There was a YY station that was very happy
that I would put him in the log because he needed PA on that particular
band.
When my rate is good, then I would just put him in the log and be done with
it.

Not putting the other guy in the log may harm contesting just as much.
Other then that I fully agree with Marv.

73, Maarten PD2R

Op maandag 3 maart 2014 heeft Marvin Bloomquist <n5aw@281.com> het volgende
geschreven:

> I get occasional W/VE callers in the ARRL DX contests. Especially on SSB it
> is easy to politely tell these folks we can't work each other in this
> contest. When I do that they often thank me for telling them. I'm amazed
> that many of the big guns work these guys as if they count. That just
> perpetuates the problem and they go off looking for another contact. Maybe
> it is slightly quicker to do that on CW rather than explain we can't work
> each other but certainly not on phone. All of us benefit if we let these
> neophytes know they need to be working DX.  Hey - at least they are trying
> to participate rather than sitting out there griping about the contesters.
>
> Marv N5AW

73, Maarten PD2R