Re: [CQ-Contest] W/VE contacts from W/VE in ARRL DX

To: <john@kk9a.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] W/VE contacts from W/VE in ARRL DX
From: "Bill Parry" <bparry@rgv.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 10:29:50 -0600
I agree that the prudent thing to do is just work them. Usually you are very
loud and they are trying to find someone to QSO.  Unfortunately, working one
guy usually encourages a whole hosts of others that are sitting there
listening. Not calling in because they know you are calling for DX.
Sometimes if someone is persistent or very loud I'll work them and then make
a comment, "Please just DX guys." Sometimes that works or just ignoring them
for a while.

Those of you on the East coast usually have your antennas pointed NE and
have your back to the US. Down here in 5 land we are beaming into 8 and 4
land and they are loud here.

Bill W5VX