Re: [CQ-Contest] Travelling for Contestest or Dxpeditions

To: "'Ed Richardson'" <ed_richardson@shaw.ca>, <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Travelling for Contestest or Dxpeditions
From: "Dennis McAlpine" <dbmcalpine@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 16:13:09 -0400
Ed,

With one exception (HH2VP back in the '80s), I have not had any problems in
bringing radios and related equipment into other countries.  In fact, I am
usually amazed at how little questions the radios raise.  However, a few
things I think help.  If I am carry equipment in checked baggage, I normally
include in the luggage a copy of the CERT agreement, bills of sale for any
equipment I am carrying, my own license, and a copy of the rules (preferably
in the language of the country I am going to) of the contest I am going to
operate in, something showing where I am staying and a copy of the license
for the country I am going to if I have one.  To be on the safe side I would
check with someone who has gone to operate from that country recently as
well as the ARRL for any comments they may have received from others.

Unless you are going to P5, you should not have much of a problem.  GL and
enjoy.
73,

Dennis, K2SX, PJ7W, V31SX, CR3L op, AH6XX, HH2VP op, 8P9EL