Re: [CQ-Contest] RXDC

To: john@kk9a.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] RXDC
From: Mats Strandberg <sm6lrr@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2014 07:33:24 +0300
John,

You ever heard about Reverse Beacon Network or Clusters???

In the new "modern" era of contesting....  own skills are not necessarily
promoted so why bother to develop excellent code skills when RBN and the
cluster will let you know who is in on the frequency?

Fortunately, CW-decoders are not all that relaible so far, which means that
you still need to trust your ears if you want to be sure about the contest
exchange.Therefore, adaptation of speed from the big gun with 50 WPM can be
necessary to ensure that ALL contact is correct at both sides (not only the
callsigns and the predictable WAZ-zones).

As WRTC2018 see no addtional value in skills to find the station on his own
(Assisted and Non-Assisted equal), why bother to strive for improvement of
code skills? And with Assisted allowed, we can also assume that one day
when decoders develop better, WRTC-participants can qualify without knowing
code at all. Just use your "tools" - RBN, Internet, CW-decoders, call sign
databases in your log program and CLICK!.  Voila, you are in Germany right
away :)

Maybe time to divide WRTC in different categories so those who prefer
Classic contesting without tools can have our own fun, without being forced
into a category depending on machines and internet...

73 de Mats RM2D (SM6LRR)