Re: [CQ-Contest] Unassisted, SK?

To: Radio K0HB <kzerohb@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Unassisted, SK?
From: Steve Lott <lottsphoto@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 09:21:36 -0600
"We should be able to determine which technologies we want and don't want
to use ourselves. If you want to use spotting, by all means! I welcome the
addition of those categories. People who enjoy the thrill of the hunt
themselves should have that sandbox to play in as well, without feeling
like they MUST use spots to stay competitive."

"Wanting an unassisted class is not the same as wanting to take your
assistance away. "

73, Kelly
ve4xt

Kelly,

I agree with how you and others feel about it.....

in the fact that "they have taken away the category" you want to use and
have always used

But they added the category I want to use,  *and yes they should have added
one without deleting the other*
but their view was that would make the scoring much more complicated

So now the SO guys are suffering from some of what the ones that
fairly placed them self in Multi-OP because they were using spotting

IOW I understand your pain, but am again glad they are allowing SOA
it would have been very nice to not eliminate the traditional category of SO

I wondering if the scoring was really going to be that big of a pain with a
new category
but again they are the sponsor and that is their choice.

Who knows in 8 years it may be we all are sitting at the hoist hotel and
playing through
connected servers to one or more antenna farms for equal playing field
seems I saw a discussion of that in recent past.

For now, happy holidays !

Cheers!
steve
KG5VK