Re: [CQ-Contest] Dupes

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Dupes
From: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 12:20:17 -0600
It is frustrating to call a station only to have him abruptly send "QSO
B4" and then call CQ again without giving you a chance to respond. Now
your choices are to just move on or try again and have a long discussion
hoping to convince him to work you. One time at P40A I got on late in the
CQ 160m contest. I had zero QSOs in my log and the first guy that I called
sent QSO B4! I think it is a much better practice to work all dupes. I do,
it typically takes much less than 20 seconds and some of them may actually
be new contacts.

John KK9A