Re: [CQ-Contest] Legalities and ethics of international remote operation

To: "'Barry'" <w2up@comcast.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Legalities and ethics of international remote operation?
From: "Randy Thompson K5ZD" <k5zd@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 01:19:51 -0000
This is going to be a challenge for contesting and DXing in the future.
DXpeditions have been reporting these "unusual" QSOs for a few years now.
We are now beginning to see them in contesting.

There were a few of these reported in CQWW this year.  As we identify them,
we will have no choice but to mark the callsigns as "pirate stations".  This
will remove them from counting for contact credit by anyone they work.  It
is unfortunate as it may result in some lost multipliers, but they are not
legitimate QSOs.

Randy, K5ZD