Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP Names

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP Names
From: Charles Gerarden <cgerarden@atomix.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2015 10:05:05 -0700
I may play around in the NAQP SSB contest just to check antennas, but I will still follow the NAQP rules as written
and use my name or accepted nickname that others know me by.

While I don't have a problem with using actual names of SK hams to honor their passing, It seems some people think it is OK to select names, that are in fact not names, in order to make a statement, political or otherwise. If these attention grabbers really want to impress us, how about keeping your butt
in the chair and putting in a big score?

As an alternative to using names of hams we wish to remember, how about forming teams using the hams name or call sign. This way the results get printed as part of the permanent record in NCJ. What better way to remind us of the SK when perusing old contest results. Nobody is going to remember the name/callsign that was used in past contests, but we can see it as part of the past contest team record. An example is:
AI6V Memorial Team 1, K9MUG memorial team.

Chuck
W0DLE