Re: [CQ-Contest] Posting Scores

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Posting Scores
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 01:01:02 -0700

I don't think anyone missed anything. The point of Rick's post was that submitting real time scores should be an obligation. That's just silly. Our only obligation is to compete fairly and honestly. There isn't even any obligation, moral or implied, to submit a log afterward.

And I sincerely doubt that anyone not already excited by the process of making lots of contacts is going to get enthused by watching numbers appear on a web page. Listening to contacts being made, possibly yes, but not mere numbers. I enjoy watching basketball, so scores for me are meaningful. I couldn't care less about tennis, though, and seeing set points accumulate for people I don't relate to isn't going to provoke my interest in the least.

Dave   AB7E