Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesting Technology - Phone Skimmer Nears Beta Test

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesting Technology - Phone Skimmer Nears Beta Test
From: "Marijan Miletic" <s56a@bit.si>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2015 20:52:22 +0200
Salvo wrote: By myself my call was spotted as W1AYD several times in between
IW1AYD.

There are several ways this error occur:  Fast fading and leading I was
lost.  Smart filtering which extracts more frequent USA callsign out of
yours.  Too fast detection.

DL4RCK just used MMVARI on SSB bandwidth and moved VFO by CAT every 3 kHz.
It took ages to scan digital subbands.  RTTY Skimmer does all 6 HF contest
bands at once!

Hamradio suffers a lot from legacy curse including Morse and Baudot outdated
codes.  Americans are good typists so K1EA CT two hands tree finger commands
are preserved even at N1MM Logger+.  DH1TW did some good work with DJ game
consoles.  N4OGW does some interesting SDR contest programming.  It is a fun
at my early 70s :-)

73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU