Re: [CQ-Contest] Log Checking Technology

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Log Checking Technology
From: "Yan (XV4Y)" <xv4y@nature-mekong.com>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2015 09:25:13 +0700
Hi Steve, fellow contesters,

There will always be "only a fraction" of cheaters caught.
The same goes for speeding on the road, only a fraction of infractors are
caught, still the majority respects the limits.
I agree that if the percentage is too low, there is not enough incentive to
comply to the regulations.
The only way to see if the policy works is doing afterward comparisons : Has
the number of "unassisted" logs been reduced ? Has the "cleanliness" of signals
improved ?

My own opinion is that is a very good move from CQ WW organizers.
I hope it will lead the way for other contests.
The only drawback I see is that in some cases I'm not sure all the participants
are able to perfectly read and understand all the rules. Some people might be
disqualified even if they were in good faith.
For "american" contests, I fear that some "non native english speakers" might
misread the rules.
The same is also true for contests like JARL, JIDX, AA or the western europe
countries where there might be some innacurate wording in the english
translations of the rules.

73,
Yan.
---