Re: [CQ-Contest] 40 Meters SSB

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 40 Meters SSB
From: Oliver Dröse <droese@necg.de>
Date: Thu, 07 May 2015 23:13:15 +0200
Albert,

> The software should be progrmmed to catch this nonsense because the logs
> of both stations should reflect the transmitting frequency. If the USA station's > log does not reflect the correct transmitting frequency, then the log should be > considered a check log. In this age of ham radio software being free or at a very > low cost, there is no reasonable excuse for not indicating the transmit frequency.

While the idea might be okay I have yet to see one contest software that is writing the transmit frequency into the Cabrillo file. All I know put the receive frequency in it. And I sure hope I will not get DQ'ed one time because there is a 7215 frequency marked in my Cabrillo when I was working TO5A on split while you listened (and I transmitted) on 7075 or the like. ;-)

> The few hand written logs that are submitted should require the transmitting
> frequency. Anybody submitting a hand written log and cheats doing so

Seriously?

73, Olli - DH8BQA