Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW CW 2014 Results

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW CW 2014 Results
From: Steve IK4WMH <ik4wmh@virgilio.it>
Date: Sun, 10 May 2015 16:23:15 +0200
Hello KU7Y,

Sunday, May 10, 2015, 2:28:58 PM, you wrote:

K> checking your own callsign on something like the RBN during a
K> contest.

I have never mentioned the RBN network, I was talking about being
connected to my local cluster which has only spots made by real people
with the W3LPL "heard here and there" as the only exception.

K> knowing where and how well you are being heard is a very helpful
K> bit of information and it came from an outside source.

I could ask for that information on the air, something like:

KU7Y ur 59 15, is my frequency clear?

In the past I have heard many stations asking.

I still believe that the current wording of the QSO alerting
assistance rule only refers to any technology that spoon feeds you the
callsign, the multiplier status and the frequency of a QSO that you
can put in your log.

Steve IK4WMH