Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW CW 2014 Results

To: "'Steve'" <ik4wmh@virgilio.it>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW CW 2014 Results
From: "KU7Y" <ku7y.cw@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 May 2015 12:28:58 -0000
Hi Steve,

I agree with what you say in that 17m example.... until you get to the last
line.

Here is why I disagree about checking your own callsign on something like
the RBN during a contest.

If you send a few CQs on a new band, like 10m, it will let you know very
quickly where you are being heard.  It will also help you to know if you
have found a clear frequency to run.

A year or two ago I asked about watching spots of my own callsign during a
contest and the vast majority of replies were that doing so would put me in
the assisted class.  After all, knowing where and how well you are being
heard is a very helpful bit of information and it came from an outside
source.

OK, back in my hole,

Ron, KU7Y
Arizona Outlaws Contest Club