Re: [CQ-Contest] Preview of CQWW Rules 2015

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Preview of CQWW Rules 2015
From: "XV4Y (Yan)" <xv4y@nature-mekong.com>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2015 14:06:43 +0700
Hi John,

If it does not provide any competitive advantage, I think it's a good reason to
withdraw it for the authorized devices.

About the "less proficient operators", they can still enjoy the contest with a
CW decoder, but participating in the so called ASSISTED category.
Radio contesting is first about challenging our "Operating skills", if
something is leveling those skills, that's what I call an assistance.

The "competitive advantage" is very subjective.
By example, in CQ WW, being located in SE Asia, far from Europe and North
America, I can consider that 1KW does not offer a "competitive advantage"
against the 100W operators located in Cyrpus or the Middle-East (still in Asia
like me, but with far better propagation than I).

73,
Yan.
---
Yannick DEVOS - XV4Y