Re: [CQ-Contest] Spots, Lies and Audio Tapes - a proposal

To: Andy Blank <andyn2nt@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Spots, Lies and Audio Tapes - a proposal
From: Jukka Klemola <jpklemola@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 13:51:30 +0300
Good discussion.

I already wrote on another email list it seems CQWW CC has reached the main
goal.

The main goal is the top performers, all top performers, know they might be
asked for a recording after CQWW 2015.
That happened already in 2014.

The fact, however, is that the director is not likely going to ask for a
recording.
Thinking from a judge's point of view, there must be a smoking gun before
such a question is presented to the entrant. Purpose of that question is to
acquire evidence that would show the entrant played fair despite what the
logs say.

The possibility has been shown and revealed to the most active contesters.
I am sure they all have already prepared for the recordings and will test
the systems in CQ WPX.

The public does not know this, but some top entrants have already been
asked for a recording in some previous contests.
The operations have been declared OK, largely based on that recording the
top scoring entrants provided.

Many may be asking how is it possible top entrants had recordings already
some years back.
My question is more to a direction how anyone could climb to the top
without recording and learning from the recordings.

Helping the log checkers by a recording is a possibility that comes on the
side in case a recording would be asked.

Scott and Andy are endorsing recording the contest.
I am also endorsing recording the contest, as the operator hears the
operating.

In modern internet terms: +1

73,
Jukka OH6LI