Re: [CQ-Contest] DX Contest scoring schemes

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] DX Contest scoring schemes
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 11:00:24 -0700
On Fri,5/29/2015 10:37 AM, Barry wrote:
I don't know if you've ever lived on the east coast, but I have, for most of my hamming career.

I grew up in the Ohio Valley and lived in Chicago for 42 years. The big club there is SMC, and they consider it the Black Hole because of the relative proximity to EU as compared to W1/2/3/4, and AS as compared to W6/7.

Geography as it relates to propagation and demographics is HUGE. THAT, and ONLY that, is the handicap we need to fix.

73, Jim K9YC