Re: [CQ-Contest] Linux Logging Programs

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Linux Logging Programs
From: Steve London <n2icarrl@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 08:46:16 -0600
I don't want to get into a contest logger war, but I think it's important for folks to know what is, and is not supported.

Referring to Win-Test, On 10/21/2015 11:33 AM, Dez Watson wrote:
The
bandmap list view is another
key feature which I heavily use and it is fully configurable. For
instance, I might not want to jump
to the next available multiplier but to the next valid station on the
nearest beam heading.

In N1MM+, it is called the "Available" window and is separate from the bandmap (so you can have both open simultaneously). It has many options for sorting and jumping, including sorting on beam heading.

The individual window colours and also configurable which may sound
gimmicky but it's a feature I
like.

N1MM+ lets you configure color themes and fonts.

There is virtually no cause for me to use the mouse in Win-Test,
I'm a touch-typist and I
like to keep my fingers close to the keyboard at all times. I don't use
any external paddles or a
separate keyer, Win-Test's own keyer does all I require.

N1MM+ has a keyboard-based keyer. It has hot keys to open and close it (so you don't need a mouse).

73,
Steve, N2IC