Re: [CQ-Contest] Why some Caribean Islands compete as South America at C

To: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Why some Caribean Islands compete as South America at CQWW
From: Fernando PY2LED <py2led@fuertesind.com.br>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2015 20:36:51 -0200
Hello John and all colleagues, good evening!

Many thanks for all replies until now.
I agree with you. Depending on the equipments, tower, antennas, operarors
skills etc, independent where you are, results can be better or not. Always we
can speak about advantages or disavantages.  But the main question remains:

Why caribean islands belongs to South America and not to Central America or
Ocean Islands category or another division?

Same happens with other locations in Europe, Asia, Africa.

The amateur world map should better splitted in continents and islands to allow
better chances to compete. It's a big race and some Entities will be the pole
position only because their local.

I known this issue is old, discussed since a long time at Contest Board but
until now there is no change. In other areas we can see a lot of changes, new
rules etc......that sounds excelent.

I Would like to see this issue under discussion, or in questions being part of
a Survey for the Contest Comunity like others we are receiving and answering
with pleasure.

Thanks again and hope to listen more from the big guns.

CHEERS AND 73's