Re: [CQ-Contest] Absurd Rule in NAQP

To: Tom Osborne <w7why@frontier.com>, CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Absurd Rule in NAQP
From: Gerry Hull <gerry@yccc.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 21:02:57 -0500
Thanks for that QSO, by the way, Tom!

I made one, exactly one, QSO from VY1AAA in Phone NAQP.   That's the
consequence of "Boy and his radio" when people do not S&P.  So, I found the
Football games more interesting, and stayed off the radio.  I could call
till I'm blue in the face and no one would come back.   I thought about
using the KW and submitting a check log -- for about 10 seconds.

W2FU must of been Multi-two in NAQP CW, because 10 seconds after I called
CQ on any band, they were there.  The RBN is very efficient -- and is
another tool for those who like it. I like it in a lot of contests.

When you are weak, and people don't point antennas, then spotting makes the
game more interesting.

I would not have a problem with SOA in NAQP... but I'm probably not in the
majority.

I had more fun running a couple hundred Eu guys in the HA contest on CW
from the east coast Saturday morning than in NAQP Phone.  That's just my
experience.

73,

Gerry W1VE
aka VY1AAA sometimes