Re: [CQ-Contest] Open Letter to VE Contesters

To: "'Ken Widelitz'" <widelitz@gte.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Open Letter to VE Contesters
From: "Ed Sawyer" <sawyered@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 09:11:21 -0500
Ken, Thanks for your comments.  And certainly sorry to hear about your
hearing loss.  I think we all fear that could start happening to any of us
some day.

I agree with you on location, location, location.  While here in Northern
Vermont, I benefit from general East Coast US, there is no doubt, I am the
whipping boy by the coastal Maine crew and the southern New England crew
(especially when the conditions were like last weekend).  That all being
said, I greatly enjoy this location for DX contests.

There is another element which you have confirmed as advantage - regulation,
regulation, regulation.  While no one can take away your location advantage,
the regulation advantage is at the whim of the FCC.  Sounds like its time to
look into that aspect.  After all - whats fair is fair.

Good luck this weekend.  Think of the boys fighting it out up 10khz.

Ed  N1UR