Re: [CQ-Contest] Your Call?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Your Call?
From: Steve London <n2icarrl@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 16:36:33 -0700
On 02/24/2016 02:09 PM, Marko L Myllymaki wrote:
I think both are good ways to handle it.  Also from DX station side who
does not ID.  If he does not ID he does not want/need you to enter into his
pile-up, he is busy already working down what he has.

Especially on Sunday, I don't think it will add to your pileup if you ID more frequently. Most of the people in the pileup already know who you are, thanks to the use of spots. The unassisted guys that don't know who you are have probably already worked you, and will happily move on when you sign your call.

In the interest of full honesty, I do not think you ID enough, Marko. I have frequently had to wait uncomfortably long periods for you to ID. Maybe that changed in 2015, with the new CQWW rules about IDing.

73,
Steve, N2IC