[CQ-Contest] The K3 and key clicks

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] The K3 and key clicks
From: Dave Thompson <thompson@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 18:05:58 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
This is the second discussion of key clicks on the cq-contest reflector and
again Elecraft is being supported as the only transceiver clean enough to be
entered in contests.

I find it hard to believe that Kenwood, Icom, and Yaesu have done nothing to
fix problems like clicks.  I know a couple of FTDX5000 owners who have
corrected this and it seems Yaesu has incorporated this into the equipment.
I have a FT-1000MP MK V 200 watt model that has the W8JI mod.  If this is a
real problem then why have not the manufacturers fixed this?

Some of the new transceivers cost more than I have invested in Amateur Radio in
almost 60 years. I am certain that contestants do not intentionally click and
to send them a message during the contest is counterproductive.

It seems to me the best approach is to address this problem directly with the
manufacturers.

73 Dave K4JRB