Re: [CQ-Contest] cqcontest.net

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] cqcontest.net
From: "Ed Sawyer" <sawyered@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2016 13:00:36 -0400
Guys.  Discussing which category the activity belongs to has no bearing on
it being allowed or representing the younger generation.  I think that most
people are thinking the gaming generation is going to go assisted anyway.
And it belonging, and being in assisted, is not the question.

The question is whether it belongs in the un-assisted category (which
apparently has nothing but old farts in it anyways - including me - at 53 -
don't feel like an old fart just enjoy the category).

Personally, I believe that both panadapters and real time scoring (with band
information) give assistance that is beyond the intent of the category.  And
since there IS an assisted class, I would personally favor having neither of
those tools in the unassisted class.  No one is forced to be unassisted,
they chose it.  It should be as pure as it can be once chosen, in my
opinion.

However, it would not appear to violate any of the unassisted rules as
written.

73

Ed  N1UR