Re: [CQ-Contest] cqcontest.net

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] cqcontest.net
From: "Ed Sawyer" <sawyered@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2016 10:16:54 -0400
KE0L said "Me too!   I think so2r is a huge advantage over so1r.   I bet we
would see more newbies stay with contesting if they felt they had a fighting
chance to win with their so1r setup.   They put in a FT effort only to find
out someone has 50%  more Qs than they have.  After all this is a
competition so they should be in their own class.  Then when they are ready
they too can invest in multiple towers with stacked beams and so2r.  If it
is the goal to increase activity in contesting I feel we should not scare
away those SO1R operators but rather recognize their efforts."

You are in luck. There already exists such an overlay category.  Its called
"Classic".  Just lobby the sponsors to add assisted and enjoy.  You should
lobby the ARRL and other CQ contest managers to do the same.

73  Ed N1UR