Re: [CQ-Contest] cqcontest.net

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] cqcontest.net
From: "Ed Sawyer" <sawyered@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2016 11:26:49 -0400

N2WQ said: "So why would a contest encourage participants not to develop new
skills and techniques? Is there any other sport that says "It's OK if you
don't want to get better, we will create a category for you. No worries,
mate". This is what this debate about assisted vs unassisted vs so2r etc is
all about."

A few relevant examples off the top of my head?  Elite runners vs amateurs
in marathon?  Masters, vs Web.com, vs LPGA vs the PGA in golf?  2 man vs 4
man vs 8 man bobsled in the Olympics?  6 meter vs 7 meter vs 8 meter in
sailing?  Amateur vs Limited vs Full vs Pro in car racing?

Honestly?  ALL competitive sports have categories of competition.  And in
some they compete at the same time (radio and marathons and sailing come to
mind) and in others they compete separately but are in the same sport.

Ed  N1UR