Re: [CQ-Contest] Additional Penalty

To: Radio K0HB <kzerohb@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Additional Penalty
From: Tom Haavisto <kamham69@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2016 09:18:56 -0400
Consider this (hypothetical) scenario.  I run like mad, or S&P, making
QSO's "fast and dirty", with no regard to accuracy, and I am happy with a
>50 percent error rate.
Is that the message we want to send to folks when logging QSO's?

The assumption being - make it up on sheer numbers, and let the score fall
where it may?  This way, no worries if a difficult Q is correct or not -
just play the odds, and hope for the best...  *Some* of them will survive
log checking...  Clearly, this is NOT where we want to go.

The assumption being - reward accuracy, and penalize errors.

Tom - VE3CX