Re: [CQ-Contest] Additional penalty

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Additional penalty
From: "Igor Sokolov" <ua9cdc@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2016 00:44:54 +0500
I do not mind penalties. I like additional incentive to be accurate. But there is one thing that I do not like. I sometimes have to weight the risk of putting down wrong call sign against possible gain of new mult or just points. Therefore in marginal conditions and after several attempts I sometimes have to tell weak station that I am not putting him in the log because I am not 100% sure in his call or exchange. If there were not for additional penalty I would put him in the log and possibly he would have got new multiplier even if I have miscopied his call.

73, Igor UA9CDC