Re: [CQ-Contest] Convergence and Change

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Convergence and Change
From: Joe <nss@mwt.net>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2016 07:35:32 -0500
Could all the cluster owners provide the contest sponsors a list of every call that connected to their systems during the contest period?

Would that work?

Joe WB9SBD
Sig
The Original Rolling Ball Clock
Idle Tyme
Idle-Tyme.com
http://www.idle-tyme.com
On 5/15/2016 7:48 PM, kd4d@comcast.net wrote:
Hi Doug:

There are many forms of cheating available to entrants in the single operator categories
that are very difficult or impossible for contest sponsors to detect.  Unclaimed
"Assistance" is one.

Four others that come to mind immediately are:
1)  Multiple operators contributing to single-operator efforts
2)  Remote Receivers
3)  Power cheating in QRP and Low Power categories
4)  Power cheating in high power categories

I don't think cheating should drive the future of radiosport.  The contest
sponsors can't eliminate cheating - I admire and support their efforts but I
don't expect them to catch everyone who cheats.

I don't support eliminating rules just because cheating is hard to detect.
That path ends with no rules at all - all competitive games I can think of need
rules.

73,

Mark, KD4D