Re: [CQ-Contest] Convergence and Change

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Convergence and Change
From: Scott Ellington <k9ma@sdellington.us>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2016 21:25:56 -0500
Although I've virtually never operated assisted, I can see one major attraction: In some parts of the world, those of us with modest stations can end up with excruciatingly boring low rates, especially late in a contest. (This has nothing to do with pros/cons of combining categories.) With assistance, one can potentially make more S&P QSO's, which does make things more interesting. My own strategy is to just limit my operating time: When things get boring, I just do something else. But then, my goal is to ENJOY operating a contest, not necessarily to win anything. What make it enjoyable is actually making QSO's, not endlessly tuning around listening to the dupes. On the other hand, I know that in every contest in which I've made a major effort, a very large number of operators I didn't work sent in their logs, so a little help finding them probably would have made things more interesting.

73,

Scott K9MA

--
Scott Ellington  K9MA