[CQ-Contest] All the Assisted ops, where do they all come from?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] All the Assisted ops, where do they all come from?
From: DXer via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 22 May 2016 11:18:55 -0400
Mike,

>>>I guess one needs to clarify the rules that unassisted stations cannot run, they must stick with strictly S&P. Makes sense to me!

This sounds about right, and would be easy to verify/enforce. More than one consecutive QSO on the same frequency would denote a breach of the rules.

I'm no contester, more like a participant, as such, the knowledge and experience everybody else on this list has is lacking on my part.

I hope contesting will continue to exist, and grow, regardless of what is decided rule wise.

73 de Vince, VA3VF

You bring up a great point, Ken! I had never thought of it that way, and you are right. The only way an unassisted station can say he is truly unassisted is to not be spotted by another operator, or by a robot. I guess one needs to clarify the rules that unassisted stations cannot run, they must stick with strictly S&P. Makes sense to me!

73;
Mike
W7VO