Re: [CQ-Contest] All the Assisted ops, where do they all come from?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] All the Assisted ops, where do they all come from?
From: Steve Bookout <steve@nr4m.com>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2016 22:09:58 -0400
You guys are pickin' the 'fly poop out of the pepper'.

Steve, NR4M

On 5/23/2016 1:43:PM, Oliver Dröse wrote:
Hi Zack,

My opinion FWIW: It depends on whether he ASKED to be spotted or not.

Does not make a difference, see below.

Stations that are assisted in the contest can spot whoever they wish; they
have no idea of what category the station they are spotting is entering,
and they do it of their own free will.

Sure. Nonetheless it *is* helping the spotted station. Isn't that assistance, too? ;-)

Now, if the other station ASKED to
be spotted, that's a whole different slant. I'd put him in the Assisted
category in that case.

Asking to be spotted is usually against the rules and base for a DQ rather than a reclassification (for CQ WW see IX. General Rules, bullet 4).

73, Olli - DH8BQA