Re: [CQ-Contest] Convergence and Change

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Convergence and Change
From: Mark Bailey <kd4d@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 08:41:23 -0400
Good day, Gilles:

I am not ignorant of operating with packet, RBN, skimmer, etc..  I am involved
in competitive multi-ops and use all of these tools regularly.

My objection to eliminating single operator categories (the proposal is not a
merger) is not that there is no skill involved in operating assisted but that
the skills are different.  Some of the single operator skills are largely
replaced by computers and other people in the Assisted categories.  New skills
are required to manage the additional technology and information.

If you feel that the competition in Assisted categories is not adequate to
compare yourself against your peers, you make a solid argument for retaining
single operator categories .  Are you really advocating forcing operators into
the Assisted categories just so you can compete with them the way you want to?

You have Assisted categories - enter them and have fun!

73,

Mark, KD4D