Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW Madness

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW Madness
From: K9MA <k9ma@sdellington.us>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2016 22:36:00 -0500
On 7/22/2016 20:03, Rudy Bakalov via CQ-Contest wrote:
More QSOs and more Mults is likely to yield more fun and enjoyment for the
participants. Isn't this the ultimate goal?

Totally aside from "winning", I think "fun and enjoyment" should be the goal of any rule changes. By allowing those with modest stations and/or geographic disadvantages to make more contacts, we can encourage more activity. Everybody wins, including the big guns, for whom these are the vast majority of their contacts.

However, I would still like to see CQWW remain a DX contest for US operators, and allowing intra-country contacts would largely ruin that, especially on 80 and 160.

73,

Scott  K9MA