Re: [CQ-Contest] Should I sign portable zero in WAE next weekend?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Should I sign portable zero in WAE next weekend?
From: "Mike Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2016 21:54:29 -0300
Barry,

Personally, I wouldn't bother.  WAE is not a rate fest, and there will be
enough displaced zero's in New England and 100 other places Stateside closer
to EU than you are, that you're just making extra work for yourself and your
QSO partner (longer and more confusing to send the /0 and for the weak-ish
EU'n to get it right)

In the USA because half (a quarter?) of the ops are displaced and not where
they "should be" (hi) a zero won't be any more rare than a Six.

Pretty much the only mini pileups you'll hear are for the really loud EU and
NA guys (business as usual)..or anyone in a super rare country maybe. (agn,
business as usual)

QTC's baby !

Mike VE9AA... a real 9 on the east coast.

Mike, Coreen & Corey

Keswick Ridge, NB